Keeping patients’ eyes healthy.
Reminding your clients about symptoms and preventative tips will help your practice ensure stronger eye health for every patient. It will also encourage them to call and schedule an exam with you if their pet is exhibiting any symptoms.
Use our printable eye health handout to share with your clients or hang in your practice!
What to Watch For:
- Redness or swelling of the eye(s)
- Increased discharge – especially green or yellow
- Squinting or holding eye(s) closed
- Scratching or pawing at eye(s)
- Bumping into things
How Pet Owners Can Help:
- Regularly clean pet’s eyes with a warm, clean washcloth or ocular wipe.
- Keep the e-collar on at all times if instructed by the vet. Pets will get used to it!
- Keep furniture, food, and water in the same place.
- Use voice commands and a leash to help pets navigate.
More tips and information are available from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Vision Center of Virginia.
Are you an ophthalmologist with a tip to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it!