Keeping your pet’s eyes healthy.
Recognizing symptoms and knowing preventative tips for eye conditions will help you ensure stronger eye health for your pets.
What to Watch For:
- Redness or swelling of the eye(s)
- Increased discharge – especially green or yellow
- Squinting or holding eye(s) closed
- Scratching or pawing at eye(s)
- Bumping into things
What You Can Do:
- Regularly clean pet’s eyes with a warm, clean washcloth or ocular wipe.
- Keep the e-collar on at all times if instructed by the vet. Pets will get used to it!
- Keep furniture, food, and water in the same place.
- Use voice commands and a leash to help pets navigate.
If your pet is exhibiting any of these symptoms, call your veterinarian to schedule an exam.